The latest trend that won't die, no matter how much we all want it to, is the dip-dyed, Crayola-hued dye job. Yesterday, Kendra Spears's Rainbow Brite–worthy cover for July's Vogue Germany made the rounds, and last week, Nicole Richie went partially neon pink. Others who have helped spread the trend include Nicki Minaj with her kaleidoscopic dos, Katy Perry and her signature Smurf-blue coif, and Kelly Osbourne and her purple old-lady hair. But respect should be given where respect is due. So we've put together a slideshow featuring the original gangsters of candy-colored manes, Hasbro's My Little Pony characters, and their celebrity hair twins.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve