The latest trend that won't die, no matter how much we all want it to, is the dip-dyed, Crayola-hued dye job. Yesterday, Kendra Spears's Rainbow Brite–worthy cover for July's Vogue Germany made the rounds, and last week, Nicole Richie went partially neon pink. Others who have helped spread the trend include Nicki Minaj with her kaleidoscopic dos, Katy Perry and her signature Smurf-blue coif, and Kelly Osbourne and her purple old-lady hair. But respect should be given where respect is due. So we've put together a slideshow featuring the original gangsters of candy-colored manes, Hasbro's My Little Pony characters, and their celebrity hair twins.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament