Last week in São Paulo, more than 30 designers — including Alexandre Herchcovitch and Tufi Duek — showed spring/summer collections for 2013. Unlike most countries, Brazil Fashion Week had a theme, titled We Transform: Stories Worth Telling, that focused on sustainability and local production. While buyers came from all over Europe, the U.S., and Dubai, the country's domestic fashion industry has been flourishing under its robust economy. We sent a photographer to capture some of the stylish fashion-show attendees (with beautiful names like Constanza, Carolina, and Bella). Click through our slideshow for a look at leather pants, embellished sneakers, lace accents, and more.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel