From Alexander McQueen, Stella McCartney, and Vivienne Westwood to the more experimental looks of club kids, punks, and mods, Britain consistently produces some of the most interesting fashion in the world. And each year, more than 30 universities and fashion programs from all over the United Kingdom convene in London to present their top graduates' work at a four-day runway-show extravaganza. Students compete for the gold medal (this time, it went to Bath Spa University's Chloe Jones) and in categories like womenswear, textiles, knitwear, and accessories. We sent a photographer to capture some of the street fashions outside of the festivities. Click ahead to see a fair amount of acid wash, tons of unidentifiable vintage, animal bags, spiky baseball hats, and more.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
- Happy Birthday, Jeff Bridges!
- Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
- WSJ Columnist: Time Warner Is a ‘Little Girl’
- Watch Lily McMenamy Do Crazy-Ass Yoga in Céline
- Katy Perry Says Volunteer for the Insta-Pix
- Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 21 Days to Go!
- A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
- Party Pics: The First Wave From Art Basel Miami
- Gumbel Makes Barneys Race Joke to Barneys CEO
- Tyra Banks Is 40!
- Kimye Plans Super-Subtle Wedding at Versailles
- Liv Tyler Reminds Us to Say Please and Thank You
- Used Princess Di Clothes Sell for $140,000