This weekend New York City hosted the Governors Ball on Randalls Island, a two-day music festival of almost 30 acts, including Beck, Passion Pit, and Fiona Apple. We sent a photographer to see how well tri-staters hold up their end of music-festival style. Don't be fooled by the prodigious numbers of patterned rompers; this crowd mixed a good dose of runway with their wrist bands, from Pamela Love necklaces to Cartier "Love" bracelets. We found bits of Hermès, Céline, and Proenza Schouler, as well as at least one off-duty Vogue girl in a Hawaiian print shirt and cutoffs. Top-knots ruled the day, but there were some nice half-shaves, turbans, braids, and hats to keep heads turning. Click through our slideshow for all of that, plus some serious nail art.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
- Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
- Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 6 Days to Go!
- Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
- Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Barneys Is Going to Reopen a Chelsea Location
- Justin Bieber Was Going for a Frank Sinatra Look
- Fabulously Festive: Jonathan Adler Handbags
- Meet Wayne Goss, YouTube's Male Makeup Star
- Heidi Klum Has Five Christmas Trees Too Many
- My Real-Life Her: Who Needs a Body to Have Sex?
- Versace Is Probably Going to Get Even Sexier
- Hot Men in Warm Sweaters
- Audrey Gelman and Terry Richardson Split