Dressing for warm weather can be tricky — you want to keep cool and comfortable without revealing too much skin. Enter the silk tee, a dressed up version of your favorite cotton T-shirt. With its slightly boxy silhouette, the top is roomy enough to keep air circulating even on the most humid of days. Available in an array of vivid colors and patterns (even trompe l'oeil lace!), these are the ideal companion piece for shorts on the weekends or your favorite pencil skirt during the weekdays. Stock up on several, as they're guaranteed to be dependable closet staples that you'll reach for when it becomes too hot to think properly. Click ahead to see 30 of our favorites, at all price points.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament