So, This Isn’t How Sunscreen Is Supposed to Work

Photo: iStockphoto

Knowing that he would be spending hours in the sun, Brett Sigworth did the right thing and spritzed himself with a bottle of Banana Boat. Guess what happened next (hint: you can't!): He moseyed over to his grill and caught on fire, likely because the charcoal followed the vapor trail from the unabsorbed sunscreen, according to one expert. Sigworth ended up with second-degree burns, and, as the most surprising part of this tale, he doesn't plan to sue.