There were a lot of pinstripes, white sundresses, and fedoras bopping around Liberty State Park this weekend, where New York’s fashion elite and a couple of movie stars (Clive Owen and Zoe Saldana) gathered for the annual polo match hosted by Nacho Figueras and Veuve Clicquot. Rachel Zoe, who was there with her husband, Rodger Berman, and their son, Skyler, to throw in the first ball of the game, was one of the last people to walk the carpet. But she had just enough time to give The Cut a quick tip for dressing preppy-chic: "Don't overdo anything," she told us. “Little pops of plaid, and I love wing-tip shoes.” And what would she say if Mark Zuckerberg — who WWD recently blasted for his hoodie obsession — showed up in a sweatshirt? “First of all, I love a hoodie,” she said. “My husband has hundreds of them. And second of all, I think it’s safe to say at this point that Mark Zuckerberg can pretty much wear and do whatever he wants. I’m always down for people who aren’t pretentious.” For a look at a crowd that might be a little pretentious (and a lot fashionable), click through our slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
- Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
- Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 6 Days to Go!
- Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
- Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Barneys Is Going to Reopen a Chelsea Location
- Justin Bieber Was Going for a Frank Sinatra Look
- Fabulously Festive: Jonathan Adler Handbags
- Meet Wayne Goss, YouTube's Male Makeup Star
- Heidi Klum Has Five Christmas Trees Too Many
- My Real-Life Her: Who Needs a Body to Have Sex?
- Versace Is Probably Going to Get Even Sexier
- Hot Men in Warm Sweaters
- Audrey Gelman and Terry Richardson Split