Like most major red carpets, the CFDA Awards can be daunting, especially for designers who aren't used to getting mobbed by the press. Before last night's ceremony, we spoke to some nervous nominees (Irene Neuwirth, Billy Reid, Creatures of the Wind's Shane Gabier and Chris Peters), industry veterans (Diane von Furstenberg, Tommy Hilfiger), and lucky plus-ones (Lily Kwong, Busy Philipps, Erin Wasson), many of whom confessed to pregaming — you know, with alcohol — to combat red-carpet nerves. In light of John Waters's recent cross-country sojourn, we also asked about hitchhiking stories; unsurprisingly, Diane von Furstenberg had a few.
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat