Every bride hopes for a perfect wedding day, but when you combine a nervous wreck, a white dress, and loads of money, shit happens. If there's a long train, it's going to be stepped on and will subsequently tear; meanwhile, any red wine in the vicinity will wind up down the bodice. With all of the heightened emotions surrounding the big day, a slap (or several) to the face may be in order, provided the bride's not having a complete and utter panic attack. Finally, not to get all gross on you, but who can find the strength to properly use the bathroom clad in such an ornate and heavy gown? (While Bridesmaids may have had a small toilet problem, it's not just those ladies who needed to use the facilities in creative ways!) From Sixteen Candles to Sex and the City, here are the best onscreen wedding disasters.
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve