Fear not for this month's roundup: While some magazines skimp over the summer with combined June/July issues, others don't let the heat index — or the prospect of long, beachy vacations — slow them down. And so July's new issues, straddling the border of late-summer, early-fall-themed spreads a tad awkwardly, brought with them more than enough noteworthy fashion photography. Yay! (We also found a few more great images in double issues, because we're thorough.) Click through our slideshow to see this month's superlatives — including awards for aluminum foil, Emma Stone's Vogue stylist, and a marauding band of photo-bombing pigeons.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve