Fear not for this month's roundup: While some magazines skimp over the summer with combined June/July issues, others don't let the heat index — or the prospect of long, beachy vacations — slow them down. And so July's new issues, straddling the border of late-summer, early-fall-themed spreads a tad awkwardly, brought with them more than enough noteworthy fashion photography. Yay! (We also found a few more great images in double issues, because we're thorough.) Click through our slideshow to see this month's superlatives — including awards for aluminum foil, Emma Stone's Vogue stylist, and a marauding band of photo-bombing pigeons.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like