Couture Week always brings the total package, and this season was no exception. The over-the-top garments, many of which have kept seamstresses working through the night, never fail to disappoint, and the beauty looks are just as brazen and dramatic (here, more is more). Chanel dabbled in modern nail art, Dior's models had bold red lips and done-up eyes (foregoing the rule that you should put the emphasis on one or the other), and Maison Martin Margiela — true to unusual form — covered models' faces with crystal-encrusted face masks. Click through our slideshow to see all these looks and more, though it goes without saying that you probably should not try them at home.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat