A friend once said that it's chicer to have one singular color on both your fingernails and toes. While there are moments when this Jackie O-esque, matchy-matchy school of thought certainly applies, let's be real: Sometimes being so chic isn't as fun. So I set about calling in this season's slew of summer polishes in every shade on the color wheel so The Cut staff could pick their favorite combos for summer. Some of them even agonized for days over which pairings would be just right for them. ("But this sheer nude, is it French enough when paired with this red?") Click through to see what everyone decided on — hopefully it will give you some mani/pedi inspiration.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her
- Kim and Kanye Deny Versailles Wedding
- Jessica Hart, Kim, Kanye & More at Art Basel
- Best Bet: Hive and Honey Military Twill Pants
- Cressida Bonas’s Baby Book: What Does It Mean?
- Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid?
- Is Sex a Workout?
- ‘Hard-Wired’ Sex Differences Are Meaningless
- Adam Levine Doesn’t Brush His Teeth
- Lena Dunham and Judy Blume Talk Sixth-Grade Lies