The Fourth of July is upon us, which means a full day (or days, for the luckier ones) of sun-drenched pool and BBQ parties. Between remembering the Cool Whip (the most important ingredient for any good flag cake), your sunglasses, and a hostess gift that doesn't suck, there's a lot going on. But, in the meantime, don't forget that sunscreen should not be sprayed near an open flame, and be sure to keep track of the time so that you get a good spot for firework-watching. And finally, just so that you're extra-equipped, click through our slideshow to see an arsenal of beauty products that you'll most likely forget to pack but will totally need — like organic bug spray, hand sanitizer, SPF, and a hostess gift that rocks — for a fabulous Fourth of July.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament