Marriages between fashion and sports are rarely smooth (see: Olympic uniforms). So, at first blush, it might seem odd that the CFDA decided to team up with the New York Mets for a collection of gear in celebration of their respective 50th anniversaries. But as it turns out, some fashion people do like baseball, and some baseball people do like to look fashionable. So, thanks to some wrangling by retail site Edition01, CFDA members Billy Reid, Yigal Azrouël, Shipley & Halmos, and Loomstate made a range of Mets-themed clothing, which will be sold at Citi Field and on Edition01.com to raise money for both organizations, starting today. Meanwhile, various New Yorkers — like Mets co-owners Fred and Jeff Wilpon, Warby Parker co-founders Dave Gilboa and Neil Blumenthal, and the CFDA's Steven Kolb, to name a few — posed in their respective workplaces for the collection's ads. See our exclusive first look at the campaign.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Naomi Watts Bloomed in Dolce & Gabbana
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Naomi Watts Bloomed in Dolce & Gabbana
- Best Bet: Sun & Cloud Camera
- Negative Space: 11 White Dresses With Cutouts
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs