Yves Saint Laurent officially released the new Saint Laurent Paris logo on their Facebook page today, which shows two black boxes stacked on a marble tabletop. As previously reported, the font — printed in white against a black background — is square, simple, and fuss-free; as promised, it's much more like the label's 1966 lettering than the swirly Yves Saint Laurent typography of recent years. (Also, remember that the label is keeping the YSL "Cassandre" logo on all of its beauty products.) Despite Hedi Slimane's nod to the label's past, Facebook commenters have responded to the new logo with vehement hostility. "Where's the iconography? This is not iconic," protested one, while another accused the new logo of looking a lot "like Zara"; a third very astutely observed that "YSL without the Y is not YSL." It'll hopefully be easier to get onboard with these changes once we get to see the clothes, shoes, and bags that come with them.
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve