Four years ago, would you have believed that the hot-pants-loving singer behind "UR So Gay" would end up with 22 million Twitter acolytes, an approximate net worth of $44 million (two bucks a follower!), and her own concert movie, Katy Perry: Part of Me, chronicling both thousands of performances wherein she is dressed as a glamorous banana and her high-profile divorce? Yeah, neither would we. But it’s futile to resist: Katy Perry is officially a phenomenon. Join us as we see how the erstwhile Katy Hudson — lover of low-heeled shoes and awkward haircuts — gave rise to Katy Perry, perky cocktail of Candyland, Lady Gaga, and Rosie the Riveter, dipped in caffeine and rolled in sparkles.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat
- Roitfeld Cast Herself in Seyfried’s Givenchy Ads