Standing in front of his promlike backdrop, the designer speaks about Chanel's recent, "new vintage"-themed show (including his pochette handbags). He remarks, "The couture has to be something nobody can do. You know the tweed, they are not tweeds — it's embroidery, all done by hand. There's a coat with no sleeves that took 3,000 hours to make." When asked whether he thinks his collection will start a revolution in terms of the idea of vintage and fashion, he responds, "You know, I'm not pretentious enough to answer that question. It's a proposition ... I call it that way and [it's] up to you and the public to see whatever they want ... but it's not [for] me to say that." Not pretentious enough? Sounds like Karl — and Choupette, of course — could use a vacation. Two first-class tickets to Saint Tropez, s'il vous plaît.
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like