Nicki Minaj released her new "Pound the Alarm" video today, and as our brethren over at Vulture pointed out, it features a fascinating and unfamiliar garment (in addition to her usual jeweled bra tops, bikini bottoms, nipple chains, fishnet tights, and the like): hot-pink feathery things affixed to the fronts of her shins, sort of like a below-the-knee boa. What a novelty! What are these even called, officially? Some have dubbed them "feathered leg warmers," but they could also be called "feathered shin guards" or "shinfeathers" or our personal favorite, "sheathers." In any case, they're fluttery and festive and very entertaining to watch while Nicki's dancing and stomping about. She might be onto something big here.
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat
- Roitfeld Cast Herself in Seyfried’s Givenchy Ads
- Dirty Levi’s Jeans Sell for $36,100
- Best Bet: Mango Patterned Sweater
- Padma Lakshmi Played Belly-Button Peekaboo