While everybody else has been buzzing, the designer sat down for a Dior-filmed interview, remarking, "We all know and we all perceive Christian Dior in a very specific way ... finding myself in the house now, I have to say that I discovered even much more things that I didn't really see before, like specific codes that he uses, and specific gestures, and specific attitudes." Of his haute couture show, he explains, "My desire is to have the history and the future together by making a more modern dress and a more, let's say, historical dress, and kind of fusing them together," adding, "I think it's also an attitude gesture, what we did with some of the couture dresses. Like there were several that we cut off [in] a kind of top, minidress length, to be worn with the pants so that the whole attitude changes ... and the girl can just move very easily, hands in the pockets, whatever. Same with the ones that were sliced open in the front, you know, and you take also a pant underneath. It doesn't become this kind of 'don't touch it, only look at it' situation." So touch it and look at it, and dream of one day owning it. Sigh.
SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!