Off-duty-model style has been a source of inspiration for countless style blogs, editorials, and designers. With their genetically blessed features and access to some of the best clothes, models can wear almost anything. Off the runway, their outfits are a blend of casually rumpled and polished, perfect for jetting to their next casting or show. Denim is always a favorite, whether it's in the form of shorts, chambray shirts, or skinny jeans. While high heels might be a must for the catwalks, flat shoes like sandals, oxfords, or loafers give tired feet a necessary break. And to finish off a look, a luxurious handbag, most likely a gift from the designer, holds all the essentials. While getting a free Céline is not exactly an everyday occurrence for the rest of the world, achieving that perfect mix of comfortable and stylish is easily attainable and flattering, even if you're not Karlie Kloss. Click through to see how to get some of our favorite model-off-duty looks from the likes of Joan Smalls, Hanne Gaby, Ming Xi and more.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel