Off-duty-model style has been a source of inspiration for countless style blogs, editorials, and designers. With their genetically blessed features and access to some of the best clothes, models can wear almost anything. Off the runway, their outfits are a blend of casually rumpled and polished, perfect for jetting to their next casting or show. Denim is always a favorite, whether it's in the form of shorts, chambray shirts, or skinny jeans. While high heels might be a must for the catwalks, flat shoes like sandals, oxfords, or loafers give tired feet a necessary break. And to finish off a look, a luxurious handbag, most likely a gift from the designer, holds all the essentials. While getting a free Céline is not exactly an everyday occurrence for the rest of the world, achieving that perfect mix of comfortable and stylish is easily attainable and flattering, even if you're not Karlie Kloss. Click through to see how to get some of our favorite model-off-duty looks from the likes of Joan Smalls, Hanne Gaby, Ming Xi and more.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Best Bet: Peter Thomas Roth Oilless Oil
Geena Davis’s Two-Step Cure for Hollywood Sexism
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Jane Larkworthy
- Best Bet: Peter Thomas Roth Oilless Oil
- Geena Davis’s Two-Step Cure for Hollywood Sexism
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Jane Larkworthy
- Zoe Saldana Was Ruffled Up at the amFAR Gala
- The Heroic Commutes of Abortion Providers
- Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It