The weather was sunny and well over 90 degrees in Williamsburg on Saturday, and the line for the brand-new McCarren Park Pool stretched around the block down Berry Street. Those in the queue stared longingly toward the sapphire-blue oasis on the other side of the fence, sweating and drinking iced coffees and fanning themselves with hot air. Meanwhile, Icee vendors did a brisk business, wheeling their carts up and down the sidewalk and trying to keep cool by draping themselves with wet towels. (We saw one very wise toddler pour the contents of his Icee cup over his head, to his mom's consternation.) In spite of the heat, plenty of folks turned out in their urban poolside best — a lively combination of breezy dresses, shorts, sunglasses, vintage T-shirts, and funky hats. See our roundup of the pool's most stylish visitors.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Negative Space: 11 White Dresses With Cutouts
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate