The weather was sunny and well over 90 degrees in Williamsburg on Saturday, and the line for the brand-new McCarren Park Pool stretched around the block down Berry Street. Those in the queue stared longingly toward the sapphire-blue oasis on the other side of the fence, sweating and drinking iced coffees and fanning themselves with hot air. Meanwhile, Icee vendors did a brisk business, wheeling their carts up and down the sidewalk and trying to keep cool by draping themselves with wet towels. (We saw one very wise toddler pour the contents of his Icee cup over his head, to his mom's consternation.) In spite of the heat, plenty of folks turned out in their urban poolside best — a lively combination of breezy dresses, shorts, sunglasses, vintage T-shirts, and funky hats. See our roundup of the pool's most stylish visitors.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like