The best thing about being a superhero, besides the ability to fly and see through walls, is that you can dart around a city without wearing pants and no one will give you any trouble. It makes sense — cropped trousers and harem pants are great if you’re sitting at a desk all day, but spandex tights and leather bodysuits are much more work-friendly if you’re in the crime-fighting business. So, in honor of Anne Hathaway’s debut as Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises, we celebrate these pantless, leather-clad ladies of comic-book and fantasy fame. Click ahead to see some of the most fashionable lady superheroes, from Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman to Halle Berry as Catwoman, and a few villains (how could we possibly leave out Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy with her Taylor Tomasi red hair and shiny, green leotard?) in our slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat