The best thing about being a superhero, besides the ability to fly and see through walls, is that you can dart around a city without wearing pants and no one will give you any trouble. It makes sense — cropped trousers and harem pants are great if you’re sitting at a desk all day, but spandex tights and leather bodysuits are much more work-friendly if you’re in the crime-fighting business. So, in honor of Anne Hathaway’s debut as Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises, we celebrate these pantless, leather-clad ladies of comic-book and fantasy fame. Click ahead to see some of the most fashionable lady superheroes, from Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman to Halle Berry as Catwoman, and a few villains (how could we possibly leave out Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy with her Taylor Tomasi red hair and shiny, green leotard?) in our slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!
- Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
- Tell Me Everything You Know About Wool
- FDA Rejects Female Viagra