Members of the fashion industry may not be widely known for their soccer-playing abilities, but for the eleventh year in a row, Adidas hosted teams from New York's creative workplaces at the Adidas Fanatic tournament, which took place at the Chelsea Waterside Park this past weekend. More stylish than your typical sporting event, competitors from Opening Ceremony, the Standard Hotel, V Magazine, Marilyn Modeling Agency, Chinatown Soccer Club, and others huffed and sweated in their cleats and custom-designed jerseys. Meanwhile, those who didn't want to risk grass stains or run around in the 90-degree heat stood on the sidelines, including Liya Kebede, who looked fresh and cool in linen. We sent photographer Bek Andersen to capture the eclectic scene; click through our slideshow for some statement sunglasses, layered jewelery, and grass-friendly footwear.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Geena Davis’s Two-Step Cure for Hollywood Sexism
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Jane Larkworthy
The Heroic Commutes of Abortion Providers
- Geena Davis’s Two-Step Cure for Hollywood Sexism
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Jane Larkworthy
- Zoe Saldana Was Ruffled Up at the amFAR Gala
- The Heroic Commutes of Abortion Providers
- Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies