Members of the fashion industry may not be widely known for their soccer-playing abilities, but for the eleventh year in a row, Adidas hosted teams from New York's creative workplaces at the Adidas Fanatic tournament, which took place at the Chelsea Waterside Park this past weekend. More stylish than your typical sporting event, competitors from Opening Ceremony, the Standard Hotel, V Magazine, Marilyn Modeling Agency, Chinatown Soccer Club, and others huffed and sweated in their cleats and custom-designed jerseys. Meanwhile, those who didn't want to risk grass stains or run around in the 90-degree heat stood on the sidelines, including Liya Kebede, who looked fresh and cool in linen. We sent photographer Bek Andersen to capture the eclectic scene; click through our slideshow for some statement sunglasses, layered jewelery, and grass-friendly footwear.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat