Bloggers, editors, and shoppers congregated yesterday at Louis Vuitton's Fifth Avenue flagship to see the much-talked-about Yayoi Kusama collaboration in person. The Japanese artist, along with Louis Vuitton chairman and CEO Yves Carcelle, counted down the unveiling of the window installations, which featured wax figurines of Yayoi — and a nearly life-size version that confused a few tourists. The chic crowd eventually headed inside to check out the goods, but not before Yayoi herself gave a breathless speech, saying, "Today is a very happy day." Photographer Bek Andersen captured the attendees, ranging from VIP clients to regular folk, the latter group ready to storm the store when it opened to the public that afternoon. See the gathering of Louis Vuitton handbags, a bunch of well-groomed males, and the dottiness of it all, in our slideshow ahead.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her
- Kim and Kanye Deny Versailles Wedding
- Jessica Hart, Kim, Kanye & More at Art Basel
- Best Bet: Hive and Honey Military Twill Pants
- Cressida Bonas’s Baby Book: What Does It Mean?
- Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid?