While it would be lovely to trek around town every day in the highest of heels, fighting through that kind of pain is not an option. Thankfully, sneakers have become increasingly fashionable these days, with celebrities and style bloggers taking them out of the gym and onto the town — Kristen Stewart in particular is notorious for swapping out heels for kicks on the red carpet. From classic Converse to newfangled wedge styles, athletic shoes are officially having a moment. For this edition of Take Five, Supreme's Thea Skylstad took a pair of Nike's Classic Cortez sneakers ($65) to five New York City boutiques, where staff members styled the shoes with the store's offerings. See what Bird, Gamine, Brooklyn Fox, Poppy, and Oak put together in our slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament