When the sun's beating down and humidity levels are unbearable, wearing clothes, shoes, or anything that actually touches your skin can seem like the worst idea ever. But makeup artists have made it their job to keep people looking dewy, fresh, and pretty despite the withering heat. We asked some of the best makeup artists in the industry to throw down the beauty gauntlet and choose one — and only one — product from their arsenal of makeup and skin-care goodies that they absolutely cannot live without during these summer months. Click through to see what every makeup bag should contain to keep from feeling like a melting mess, from the perfect summertime lip shade to the best non-shimmery bronzer.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!
- Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
- Tell Me Everything You Know About Wool
- FDA Rejects Female Viagra
- Oprah Says Her Kids Would Probably Hate Her
- The Best of Pre-Fall 2014, Continued
- Best Bet: Rebecca Minkoff Coin Pouch
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Joe Zee
- Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013