When the sun's beating down and humidity levels are unbearable, wearing clothes, shoes, or anything that actually touches your skin can seem like the worst idea ever. But makeup artists have made it their job to keep people looking dewy, fresh, and pretty despite the withering heat. We asked some of the best makeup artists in the industry to throw down the beauty gauntlet and choose one — and only one — product from their arsenal of makeup and skin-care goodies that they absolutely cannot live without during these summer months. Click through to see what every makeup bag should contain to keep from feeling like a melting mess, from the perfect summertime lip shade to the best non-shimmery bronzer.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament