• See the inspiration that led to Yayoi Kusama's collaboration with Louis Vuitton. The artist presents her career-long retrospective, spanning 60 years of work, at the Whitney. Whitney Museum of Art, 945 Madison Ave., nr. 75th St.; (212-570-3600); W–Th (11–6), F (1–9), Sa–Su (11–6). Through 9/30.
STARTING THIS WEEKEND
• Online shopping site NMRKT is hosting a pop-up sale at the Openhouse Gallery, where merchandise from more than 30 brands will be marked down from 20 to 50 percent off. The shop will feature men's and women's clothing (women's designers include the Lake & Stars, Mary Meyer, and Samantha Pleet) and accessories, along with bikes from Playdate Bike Club. 201 Mulberry St., nr. Spring St., (212-334-0288); daily (11–9).
• Find deals at Time Out New York’s booth at the Brooklyn Flea on Saturday. Score discounts from Stella & Dot, Jack Spade, Twinkle by Wenlan, Habitual, and more. All proceeds are being donated to Citymeals-on-Wheels. Brooklyn Flea, 176 Lafayette Ave., nr. Clermont Ave., Brooklyn; Sa (10–5).
ENDING THIS WEEKEND
• Owen is hosting its first warehouse sale, offering up to 70 percent off brands like Suno, Jen Kao, Patrik Ervell, and more. 809 Washington St., nr. Gansevoort St., (212-524-9770); Sa (11–8), Su (11–7). Through 7/29.
• Find 30 to 90 percent off men's and women's apparel from Isabel Marant, A.P.C., Rachel Comey, and more at the Stuart & Wright sale. 85 Lafayette Ave., nr. S. Portland Ave., Brooklyn, (718-797-0011); Th–Sa (10–8), Su (12–6). Through 7/29.
• Buy two items, get the third of equal or lesser value free at the What Goes Around Comes Around sale. 184 Kent Ave., nr. N. 4th St., Brooklyn; daily (12-8). Through 7/29.
• Resort and spring 2012 merchandise will be discounted at up to 65 percent off at the Kimberly Ovitz sample sale. 75 Ninth Ave., nr. 15th St.; W–S (10:30–7), Su (10:30–6). Through 7/29.
• Purveyor of organic scents, lotions, and candles Red Flower is offering 30 percent off its entire collection of products. 13 Prince St., nr. Elizabeth St., (212-966-1994); daily (12–7). Through 7/29.
• Find women's pieces priced as low as $20 at the JF & Son sample sale. 56 University Pl. at 10th St., (212-343-3131); daily (12–8). Through 7/28.
• Tops, jackets, dresses, skirts, knitwear, and pants will go for up to 85 percent off regular prices at the Tess Giberson sale. 97 Crosby St. at Prince St.; daily (11–7). Through 7/28.
• Coclico is holding a sample sale, with discounts ranging from 40 to 80 percent off spring and fall collections, including sandals, wedges, booties, and boots. 239 Mulberry St., nr. Prince St.; daily (11–7). Through 7/29.
• The Gracious Home 10 Day Renovation Sale offers savings of up to 75 percent off featured designers including Missoni Home, Sferra, Wusthof, Henckels, Cuisinart, Bonaire, and more. Markdowns have been made throughout all stores on home accessories, lighting, tabletop and decorative accessories, bedding and bath, decorative hardware, electronics, cookware, bakeware, and travel accessories. 1992 Broadway, at 67th St., (212-231-7800); M–F (9–8:30), Sa (9–9). 1220 Third Ave. at 70th St., (212-517-6300); M–F (8–7), Sa (9–7), Su (10–6). 45 W. 25th St., nr. Sixth Ave., (212-414-5710); M–F (9–7), Sa (10–6). Through 8/3.
Most Viewed Stories
It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
From Up Close, Raf Simons’s Vision for Dior Is Clear
The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
Meet the Prom Queen of Instagram
Sleater-Kinney on Riot Grrl, Reuniting, and Portlandia
Michelle Obama: No Boy Is Cute Enough to Keep You From Getting an Education
Céline’s Woman-Friendly Triumph
Selfie Sorority Uses Media Frenzy for Good Cause
From Our Partners
Here's What To Buy From J.Crew's HUGE 75-Percent-Off Sale!
50+ Cult Favorite Halloween Costumes
How This Woman Lost 30 Pounds After Years of Ignoring Her Weight Gain
5 Must-Have Products for Your Makeup Bag
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping FeaturesOutfit of the Week: A Smart Way to Layer Basics
One more way to make weekdays easier.Cool Cocktail Dresses Inspired by the Philippines
From the up-and-comers behind Mestiza.Treat-Yourself Friday: A Utilitarian Leather Jacket
Perfect for the unpredictable weather.38 Pairs of Boots to Buy This Fall
Because pedicure season is finally over.41 Downright-Gorgeous New Pieces for Your Home
From kingly bedding to froggy rugs to Georg Jensen glass.5 Discerning New Yorkers on Their Favorite Finds for the Home
Project Runway’s Tim Gunn, celebrity stylist June Ambrose, and more choose the city’s finest boutiques, furniture restorers, specialty shops, designers, and cleaners.Marni’s Fabulously Shaggy Winter Coats Are Here
Fluffy and fantastic.18 of the Best Fall Jackets Under $300
Welcome to layering season.Cheap Thrill: COS’s Wide-Leg Pants
A versatile transition piece.Outfit of the Week: Light Fall Layers
No jacket needed.
The best work-friendly pieces, the perfect trench, and everything else you need right now.Treat Yourself Friday: A Quirky Bucket Bag
A playful take on the trend.Balenciaga’s New Shoes Are a ’90s Dream
Angela Chase would approve.Altuzarra’s First Bags Debut at Barneys New York
Introducing the Ghianda collection.115 Ways to Scream ‘Status’
The thing to have right now if you’re an Italian chef, an Upper East Side lady, a leather daddy, or a Dalton senior. (We know because we asked.)Cheap Thrill: Kenzo’s Flirty Pleated Skirt
A go-with-everything skirt on sale.Outfit of the Week: A Work-Friendly Combo
The ideal pieces to wear as we head into fall.Winter Doomsday Preppers: This Coat Is for You
Warm, fuzzy, and a street-style hit.Spring 2016 Runway Trends to Buy Now
Who wants to wait until next year?The Start-up Helping You Cash In on Designer Bags
So you don't have the hassle of another consignment store.