• Celebrate Adirée Africa Fashion Week with a panel discussion on African fashion, luxury, and sustainability. Events throughout the week will raise awareness of African fashion and entertainment professionals in the tristate area. Katie Murphy Amphitheater at FIT, 28 W. 27th St., nr. Seventh Ave. (212-217-7999); 2–4.
• Find discounts on spring 2012 ready-to-wear and footwear at Candela's sample sale. 584 Broadway, nr. Prince St., ste. 1007; daily (10–7). Through 7/12.
• Lower East Side boutique Honey in the Rough's end-of-season sale kicked off yesterday both in-store and online, with 50 percent off new and past season dresses, shoes, beauty, and accessories from brands like United Bamboo, Dagmar, Tsumori Chisato, and more. 161 Rivington St., nr. Clinton St. (212-228-6415); M–Sa, (12–8), Su (12–7).
• Henri Bendel's summer sale takes place throughout July with select merchandise marked down at least 25 percent. 712 Fifth Ave., nr. 56th St. (212-247-1100); M–Sa (10–8), Su (12–7). Through 7/31.
• Prices are dropped 35 to 80 percent at Dear Fieldbinder, which means Lauren Moffatt silk printed frocks are cut from $330 to $198, and Surface to Air wooden wedges are now $186 instead of $414. 198 Smith St., nr. Baltic St., Brooklyn (718-852-3620); M–Sa (11:30–7:30), Su (12–6). Through 7/31.
• The Metropolitan Museum of Art Store is hosting a summer clearance sale with an assortment of jewelry, books, home decor, and educational toys marked 25 to 75 percent off, both online and in-store. 1000 Fifth Ave., nr. 82nd St. (212-570-3894); T–Th (9:30–5:30), F–Sa (9:30–9), Su (9:30–5:30). Through 7/31.