• Get a glimpse of society at the turn of the twentieth century at the "Beauties of the Gilded Age: Peter Marié's Miniatures of Society Women" exhibit at the New York Historical Society. As well known for his fine art as he was for his parties, Marié commissioned more than 300 watercolor portrait miniatures of women he considered "most beautiful." New York Historical Society, 170 Central Park West, nr. 76th St.; (212-873-3400); Tu–Th (10–6), F (10–8), Sa (10–6), Su (11–5). Through 9/9.
• Find fabrics for 10 percent off at the Windsor Custom fall trunk show. 122 W. 26th St., nr. Sixth Ave.; W (4–7).
• Michael C. Fina is hosting a sample sale with jewelry up to 70 percent off. 545 Fifth Ave., nr. 45th St.; daily (11–8). Through 8/2.
• Jewelry, shoes, scarves, tote bags and home goods are up to 70 percent off at the Project People sample sale. 5 Crosby St., nr. Howard St., third fl., (646-240-4791); daily (11–7). Through 8/2.
• Get two swimsuits for the price of one at H&M, with prices starting at $4.95. Multiple locations. Through 8/1.
• Men's and women's items are up to 70 percent off retail at the Osklen sale. 97 Wooster St., nr. Spring St.; M–Sa (11–8), Su (12–7). Through 8/1.
• The Gracious Home 10 Day Renovation Sale offers savings of up to 75 percent off featured designers including Missoni Home, Sferra, Wusthof, Henckels, Cuisinart, Bonaire, and more. Markdowns have been made throughout all stores on home accessories, lighting, tabletop and decorative accessories, bedding and bath, decorative hardware, electronics, cookware, bakeware, and travel accessories. 1992 Broadway, at 67th St., (212-231-7800); M–F (9–8:30), Sa (9–9). 1220 Third Ave. at 70th St., (212-517-6300); M–F (8–7), Sa (9–7), Su (10–6). 45 W. 25th St., nr. Sixth Ave., (212-414-5710); M–F (9–7), Sa (10–6). Through 8/3.