Slipping on a pair of pretty, pointed pumps might be the quickest way to dress up an outfit, but the sticky weather calls for simpler footwear. Solution: a sleek, barely there sandal that will keep your feet cool throughout the hottest days. With a flat sole, you'll be able to navigate uneven sandy beaches or grassy fields with ease, and you'll have more support than from your standard flip-flop. Keep it classic with a black pair from Forever 21, or add a pop of color with turquoise ones from Tobi. Shimmery silver versions from Jenni Kayne or Tibi are a great alternative to high heels for more formal occasions. And nude iterations from the likes of Zara, Stella McCartney, and Manolo Blahnik will lengthen legs just as well as any pair of neutral pumps. See all of these options, and more, in our slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
- Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
- Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 6 Days to Go!
- Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
- Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Barneys Is Going to Reopen a Chelsea Location
- Justin Bieber Was Going for a Frank Sinatra Look
- Fabulously Festive: Jonathan Adler Handbags
- Meet Wayne Goss, YouTube's Male Makeup Star
- Heidi Klum Has Five Christmas Trees Too Many
- My Real-Life Her: Who Needs a Body to Have Sex?
- Versace Is Probably Going to Get Even Sexier
- Hot Men in Warm Sweaters
- Audrey Gelman and Terry Richardson Split