Clothing yourself during this never-ending heat wave is a daily challenge. While most days require some type of work-appropriate attire, tomorrow is the Fourth of July — a time to barbecue, lay out on a beach, and watch the fireworks, all activities that call for denim. Cutoff shorts might be easiest, but why not try a denim skirt or a dress? If memories of tattered and precariously short miniskirts have turned you off, this season's versions are less distressed and rendered in simple silhouettes. And should you somehow get chilly tomorrow night, cover up with a minimal white jacket by American Eagle or Acne's perfectly slouchy dark blazer. Click ahead to see 29 denim options in all washes and at all price points.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve