Over time, many people develop a particular uniform — a neutral sheath day after day, or perhaps some iteration of a blouse and jeans. While these habits do streamline your morning routine, sometimes you get the itch to delve into someone else's clothes for a day. In our new feature, "24-Hour Wardrobe," we explore the signature "day" and "evening" look of a stylish fashion personality. First up: filmmaker and Marc Jacobs muse Sofia Coppola. Known for attention to subtle detail, Coppola commands attention with her neutral yet well-cut pieces accented with classic accessories, like her namesake Louis Vuitton bag or a simple clutch. Rather than teeter in sky-high, over-embellished heels, she chooses minimal shoes with a practical height and a sturdy — yet sleek — ankle strap. She keeps jewelry to a minimum to quietly complement her look. No matter how much fun it can be to grab everyone's attention in over-the-top pieces, sometimes it's chicer to be the understated woman in the room. Click ahead to see a breakdown of each look and how to get it at every price point.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Are You the Marrying Type?
Shoe Gaze: Maiyet’s Black Embroidered Wedges
Welcome to the Dictionary, C-nty!
The 50 Best Backs From Fashion Month
Vanessa Friedman Will Not Be Cathy Horyn
Obama and His Dad Jeans Through the Years
Terry Richardson Speaks Amid ‘Witch Hunt’
Best Bet: Eve Lom Dynaspot Treatment
- The Cut’s Week in Review
- Male Gaze: James Deen, ‘Bronut’ Pioneer
- Are You the Marrying Type?
- Hair-Swap: Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez
- Karl Lagerfeld Released an Emoji App
- 24 Vintage Ladies Celebrating St. Paddy’s Day
- Shoe Gaze: Maiyet’s Black Embroidered Wedges
- Twitter, Rape, and Privacy on Social Media
- Welcome to the Dictionary, C-nty!
- The 50 Best Backs From Fashion Month
- Vanessa Friedman Will Not Be Cathy Horyn
- Obama and His Dad Jeans Through the Years
- Kate Moss’s Little Sister, Regular Aughties Teen
- Terry Richardson Speaks Amid ‘Witch Hunt’
- Scarlett Johansson Wore a Bow on Her Stomach