Over time, many people develop a particular uniform — a neutral sheath day after day, or perhaps some iteration of a blouse and jeans. While these habits do streamline your morning routine, sometimes you get the itch to delve into someone else's clothes for a day. In our new feature, "24-Hour Wardrobe," we explore the signature "day" and "evening" look of a stylish fashion personality. First up: filmmaker and Marc Jacobs muse Sofia Coppola. Known for attention to subtle detail, Coppola commands attention with her neutral yet well-cut pieces accented with classic accessories, like her namesake Louis Vuitton bag or a simple clutch. Rather than teeter in sky-high, over-embellished heels, she chooses minimal shoes with a practical height and a sturdy — yet sleek — ankle strap. She keeps jewelry to a minimum to quietly complement her look. No matter how much fun it can be to grab everyone's attention in over-the-top pieces, sometimes it's chicer to be the understated woman in the room. Click ahead to see a breakdown of each look and how to get it at every price point.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Naomi Watts Bloomed in Dolce & Gabbana
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Naomi Watts Bloomed in Dolce & Gabbana
- Best Bet: Sun & Cloud Camera
- Negative Space: 11 White Dresses With Cutouts
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs