British-born Alexa Chung began modeling in London at age 16 and later graduated to TV work, eventually coming to New York in 2009 to host her own MTV show, It's On With Alexa Chung. The show didn't last long, but it turned Chung into a fashion-world darling, and she quickly became ubiquitous at fashion shows and parties. Known for her eclectic taste and ability to cobble together unexpected combinations like corduroy shorts over wool tights with open-toe shoes, she almost single-handedly kick-started trends like ombré-dyed hair and socks with sandals. Described by Jane Keltner de Valle as “the Kate Moss for this new generation," Chung is somewhat of a fashion chameleon, but she often sticks to buttoned-up necklines, short hems, and her trademark mussed hair. See her ever-changing style choices in our slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Adam Levine Doesn’t Brush His Teeth
Meet Naja, the Do-Good Lingerie Line
Dame Edna, Bearer of Holiday Cheer
- Science Asks: Is Sex a Workout?
- ‘Hard-Wired’ Sex Differences Are Meaningless
- Adam Levine Doesn’t Brush His Teeth
- Lena Dunham and Judy Blume Talk Sixth-Grade Lies
- Meet Naja, the Do-Good Lingerie Line
- Dame Edna, Bearer of Holiday Cheer
- Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
- Happy Birthday, Jeff Bridges!
- Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
- WSJ Columnist: Time Warner Is a ‘Little Girl’
- Watch Lily McMenamy Do Crazy-Ass Yoga in Céline
- Katy Perry Says Volunteer for the Insta-Pix
- Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 21 Days to Go!
- A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life