British-born Alexa Chung began modeling in London at age 16 and later graduated to TV work, eventually coming to New York in 2009 to host her own MTV show, It's On With Alexa Chung. The show didn't last long, but it turned Chung into a fashion-world darling, and she quickly became ubiquitous at fashion shows and parties. Known for her eclectic taste and ability to cobble together unexpected combinations like corduroy shorts over wool tights with open-toe shoes, she almost single-handedly kick-started trends like ombré-dyed hair and socks with sandals. Described by Jane Keltner de Valle as “the Kate Moss for this new generation," Chung is somewhat of a fashion chameleon, but she often sticks to buttoned-up necklines, short hems, and her trademark mussed hair. See her ever-changing style choices in our slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Negative Space: 11 White Dresses With Cutouts
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate