Although Tomoko Ogura hasn't technically "replaced" Amanda Brooks at Barneys (Brooks's title was "vice-president and fashion director," while Ogura's is "senior fashion director"), she took over all big-cheese duties at the retailer when Brooks abruptly left her post in March. Into the Gloss's Emily Weiss recently caught up with Ogura, who started her career as an assistant in the Barneys fashion office straight out of college in 2005, to talk about her beauty regimen (soap, La Mer moisturizer, and Kevin Aucoin mascara, should you be curious). But wait, let's get back to the graduated-in-2005 thing: Yes, she's only 29. As if all the fashion people over 30 needed yet another excuse to get paranoid and lie about their ages.
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve