The likeness, located east of Paris in Nogent-sur-Marne, was originally meant to fête her ascent from supermodel to first lady, and portrays her "as a 'plumassiere,' a woman worker from one of Nogent's former feather factories," the Telegraph reports. Carla apparently posed for the €90,000 ($110,000) statue by sculptor Elisabeth Cibot; however, even Carla's staffers were unsure about the whole thing, with a spokesperson explaining, "[She] isn't Joan of Arc or General de Gaulle. [She] is a former model." And local leaders agree that she isn't really the best person to represent workers. Speaking about the statue, one unnamed official said, "It has not only been described as hideous, but it honours a very rich woman whose husband is facing corruption allegations," adding, "It's well camouflaged at the moment, and not many people have noticed it, but the official unveiling is going to be difficult." Real Carla won't be there on September 21 to watch them tear off the blue tarp (in fact, she wasn't invited), but we can't wait to see what Plumassiere Carla is wearing! Definitely Dior.
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat