At their best, celebrity fashion foibles are a creatively satisfying renewable resource for red carpet critics like ourselves. But at their grimmest — especially after you’ve spent as many years staring at them on the Internet as we have — the trendy, attention-seeking repetition can get stultifying. After all, how many more times can we beg Lady Gaga to wear pants? But occasionally a funny thing happens on the way to the fashion-victim coma: a Stockholm Syndrome of sorts, where the repeat offenders’ particular brand of crazy becomes so indelibly amusing, we can’t — and wouldn’t want — to imagine them any other way. Join us as we celebrate ten stars who, for better or worse, have us in the thrall of their sartorial nuttery.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza
- Matthew Williamson and Gwyneth Are Secret BFFs
- Why Should Fluid Sexuality Be Women-Only?