The 2012 Olympic Games have catapulted Ryan Lochte into the spotlight. He's won a lot of medals, appeared in Vogue, inspired nail art, and become a national obsession. Our totally healthy interest in the swimmer means we've learned a lot about him, like his weakness for white jeans, his dating habits, and how scrumptious he looks blowing a kiss. But, did you know he's a bit of a philosopher? We've been so busy admiring his abs that we almost forgot to admire his mind. So to celebrate Lochte's final races today (good luck Ryan!), we've collected some of his most thoughtful tweets and of course, thoughtful images (because let's be serious, guys). Click ahead to enjoy Ryan Lochte waxing lyrical.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament