The 2012 Olympic Games have catapulted Ryan Lochte into the spotlight. He's won a lot of medals, appeared in Vogue, inspired nail art, and become a national obsession. Our totally healthy interest in the swimmer means we've learned a lot about him, like his weakness for white jeans, his dating habits, and how scrumptious he looks blowing a kiss. But, did you know he's a bit of a philosopher? We've been so busy admiring his abs that we almost forgot to admire his mind. So to celebrate Lochte's final races today (good luck Ryan!), we've collected some of his most thoughtful tweets and of course, thoughtful images (because let's be serious, guys). Click ahead to enjoy Ryan Lochte waxing lyrical.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve