Gaga's fantastically tall, puffy mane of fake blond hair — which brings to mind everything from dandelion fluff to cotton balls to bunny butts — is the clear centerpiece of her new Vogue cover. Luckily, it's also the main focus of Vogue's behind-the-scenes video of the cover shoot, which is predictably set to Gaga's song "Hair" (because it's the new makeup, remember?). Watch this diva weave sit haughtily atop a mannequin head, get manually brushed and prodded into a halo of gauzy magnificence, and then blow around (but not too much, thanks to copious amounts of hairspray) in wind machines. Also, it bounces grudgingly when Gaga hops up and down and probably smells like cigarette smoke now.
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve