Gwyneth Paltrow's best-known fashion moment may be that pink, spaghetti-strap Ralph Lauren gown she wore while tearfully collecting her Academy Award in 1999. But who could forget when she chopped her hair to her cheekbones during the Brad Pitt years, or that McQueen goth look she wore to the Vanity Fair party in 2002? In recent years, Paltrow has stuck with the same buttery blonde hair color and sleek, fitted silhouettes with the occasional cutouts that show exactly how well her GOOP cleanses work, but she still enjoys statement pieces like the white Tom Ford cape dress she wore at the Oscars this year. Enjoy this look back at her wardrobe moments, from the over-sized tees of her teen years to the present.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve