Long before she became Duchess Catherine, Kate Middleton built a reputation as a young, chic, and quintessentially British dresser. Her preppy coats, occasional tweeds, unfussy dresses, and natural good looks quickly won over Valentino and Karl Lagerfeld, while the occasional hats she wears to weddings (or the races) keep her adoring public guessing. When she forged a relationship with Alexander McQueen's Sarah Burton, who designed her world-famous royal wedding dress, she earned her stripes with high-fashion aficionados; meanwhile, her loyalty to high street brands like Topshop and Zara has continuously won her favor with the public. Click ahead to see the Duchess of Cambridge's best fashion moments.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!