Long before she became Duchess Catherine, Kate Middleton built a reputation as a young, chic, and quintessentially British dresser. Her preppy coats, occasional tweeds, unfussy dresses, and natural good looks quickly won over Valentino and Karl Lagerfeld, while the occasional hats she wears to weddings (or the races) keep her adoring public guessing. When she forged a relationship with Alexander McQueen's Sarah Burton, who designed her world-famous royal wedding dress, she earned her stripes with high-fashion aficionados; meanwhile, her loyalty to high street brands like Topshop and Zara has continuously won her favor with the public. Click ahead to see the Duchess of Cambridge's best fashion moments.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken