When Katie Holmes married Tom Cruise in 2006, she transformed from former Dawson’s Creek star into one of the most frequently photographed women in Hollywood. With the help of stylist Jeanne Yang (with whom she later co-founded a fashion line, Holmes & Yang, which now serves as the actress’s principle clothing source), Holmes turned her wholesome, casual wardrobe up a few notches. She soon became just as celebrated for her ballet flats and boyfriend jeans as she was for her sophisticated red carpet outfits, which range from sleek black jumpsuits to more conventional cocktail dresses. See her fashion highlights through the years.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament