When buzzkill health experts want to scare people off the latest fad diet, fast, or cleanse, they say, first, that crash dieters always gain the weight back and, second, that yo-yo dieting wrecks your metabolism, making it more difficult to lose weight with each successive diet. Not necessarily so! The first known study to examine the effects of so-called “weight cycling” on metabolism, conducted by the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, found that habitual Master Cleansers and Dukan adherents were no worse at losing weight than non-dieters.
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve