Lady Gaga's September Vogue cover — her second time on the magazine — is out! Her presence (and the magazine's 120th anniversary) merits a glossy red banner behind the title's lettering, which is partly obscured by her remarkably tall, fluffy blonde weave. She's wearing a Beyoncé-esque fishtail gown by Marc Jacobs and, in the one photo we can see from the corresponding spread, a fuschia feathered hat by Steven Jones. The full cover story, by Jonathan Van Meter, isn't available online, but Gaga tweeted that it's "the TEA"; based on the teaser on Vogue's website, we can assume it'll talk lots about Gaga's new scent, Fame, which the magazine calls "the most innovative perfume in two decades." (One wonders what perfume came out in 1992 that was comparably fabulous.) Anyway, this cover look is a stretch for Vogue with all that crazy hair, although it's consistent with one of the headlines that claims "hair is the new makeup." She looks almost lion-esque, or as she points out, "channeling RuPaul." It's also unusual for Vogue to go with a full-length shot against a plain gray seamless background, but the fishtail hem looks cool, and it's a striking image. Thoughts?
Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!